Aims and Scope
The International Journal of Design Creativity and Innovation is an international publication that provides a forum for discussing the nature and potential of creativity and innovation in design from both theoretical and practical perspectives.
The journal pursues a truly interdisciplinary academic field that will interest and stimulate researchers of engineering design, industrial design, architecture, artificial intelligence, linguistics, cognitive science, and similar areas. The journal aims to not only promote existing research but also pioneer a new design research field that lies in the gray area between the existing field of design research and the disciplines of systems engineering, information technology, computer science, social science, psychology, art, and philosophy, or in the intermediate area within the existing disciplines.
The journal covers, but is not restricted to, the following topics:
• Theories on Design Creativity and Innovation
• Cognition of Design Creativity
• Innovative Process
• Inventive Process
• Analogical Reasoning for Design Creativity and Innovation
• Design Synthesis
• Method and Tools for Design Creativity and Innovation
• Representation of Design Creativity and Innovation
• Education for Design Creativity and Innovation
• Concept Generation and Inspiration