Biodegradable plastic alone is not enough, due to scale of things, we need to stop using plastic wherever is possible and return to clay and glass. It´s a great movement, that is going global, fostering clay, potters and handcraft around the world.
This return to Nature must happen in Design with natural materials, industrial sustainable design is not enough, with the present consumption and manufacturing pace.
Consumption is the biggest issue of mankind, in the long term design and engineering might not be able to solve all the issues.
A good mix of X-files with Industrial Design and you have
“Suppressed Inventions” – The dark side of Design
Designers, wake up and let´s support this great, amazing design film.
Hello, friends, Gary Hustwit here. I’m the director of the documentaries Helvetica,Objectified, and Urbanized. I’ve had the pleasure of having conversations with some of the most creative designers in the world for these films.
In 2008, I had the honor of interviewing Dieter Rams for my documentary Objectified, but I was only able to share a small piece of his story.
Dieter, who is now 84, is a very private person; however, I have been granted unprecedented and exclusive access to Dieter for the first feature-length documentary about his life and work.
The documentary is simply titled Rams.
Always happy to share this kind of Design resource!
We need more women in Design and Engineering!
Do you know outstanding women in Design?
Let me know to add the site at the page below and to be featured here with an exclusive post!
Also visit my page here: “Women in Design”
All design disciplines: Branding, Digital, Exhibitions, Graphic, Interior, Packaging, Product, Service / Wayfinding, Internal
The DBA Design Effectiveness Awards are the industry standard for assessing and rewarding effective design. Winning one of these awards demonstrates design – your design – delivers competitive advantage.
Jointly entered by both the agency and the business commissioning the design, a win in these awards proves the value of investment in your design.
Here are 5 reasons you should make entering top of your agenda today.
1. Design delivers competitive advantage. A Design Effectiveness Award win is highly persuasive in demonstrating to clients the value you can add to their business.
2. Prove the strength of your collaborations. Reinforce your relationships by evidencing how impactful your clients’ design investments have been.
3. Independent acknowledgement. Rigorously judged by business leaders, a win proves your credentials for delivering commercially effective work.
4. Stand out from the crowd. In an increasingly competitive market, a win will give you a compelling and impactful point of differentiation from your competitors.
5. Design is an investment, not a cost. Enable your clients to make the case for design within their own business; a win will equip you both with an authoritative argument why design is an investment, not a cost.
You’ve got 8 weeks until the final entry deadline on 1 July. Don’t delay, download an entry pack and start the conversations with your teams today.