- • Historical convergences and/or divergences of design and neoliberalism
- • Design and globalization and/or nationalism
- • Neoliberal design ideologies in the context of international development
- • Race and racism at the intersection of design and neoliberalism
- • Discourses of innovation and “design thinking”
- • Design and labor and/or class
- • The coalescence of design and business in both the academy and industry
- • Conflicts and convergences between neoliberal design and modernist traditions
- • Indigenous design in the context of neoliberalism
- • Design, neoliberalism, and postcoloniality
- • Challenges to neoliberal design ideologies and practices
- • Neoliberalism and design pedagogy
Join us for Reconstructing Practice: Toward an Antiracist Art & Design Field
The Antiracist Classroom is a student-led organization at the Art Center College of Design focused on counteracting racism and white supremacy in design education and practice. This July 13 – 14 in Pasadena, CA, we are hosting an inaugural two-day convening, Reconstructing Practice, to convene artists, designers, technologists and educators of color who want to contribute to cultivating an antiracist educational and professional field.
Participants can look forward to two days of:
– Sessions, facilitated discussions, and fellowship with creative
professionals, students and educators of color from all over the United States
– Artwork and installations from local and international artists displayed in
The Windtunnel gallery (https://antiracistclassroom.com/Featured-Artists)
– An evening reception featuring Alaia’s Lab, an installation by Ari Melenciano
featuring DJing, live-beat making, live drawing, and sound interactive visuals
To get your tickets to ignite and sustain a movement toward a more racially
equitable, informed, and carefully-considered creative practice and lifetime
learning environment, register by June 22nd: EVENTBRITE
- How can we construct an antiracist art and design practice?
- How do our curriculum, research practices, and models reinforce or dismantle problematic racial hierarchies?
- How might simply occupying space advance this endeavor?
Join us in July + Submit your Ideas by March 31
- Call for Ideas Details: https://antiracistclassroom.com/Call-for-Ideas
- Submission Link: https://goo.gl/forms/I0ybdeuGnbrU4bre2
- About Reconstructing Practice: https://antiracistclassroom.com/Reconstructing-Practice